Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 02:07:58 PM

Author Topic: Ver 24 comments  (Read 2782 times)

Ver 24 comments
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:46:46 PM »
Just loaded Mach3 V24 and went straight to LazyCam.
1) In general, LC looks and feels great! It even handles my need for separate layers well.

2) I searched for and couldn't find a way to set the direction of cut. LC seems to get inside/outside selection right, and it does set one direction for inside and the other direction for outside. I use some materials that need to be cut in the reverse direction (climb mill). Is there a place to select that mode? if not, perhaps it should be in the properties list.
3) You need to open up the column for the layer name, 6 letters isn't big enough for descriptive names. Besides, cut order doesn't need all that space. Perhaps reversing the two columns would be better.
4) On my 1024x768 display, the right-side properties column covers the "Indicators" drop-down box completely (found it by accident, I thought you eliminated it). You could comfortably have the properties section start a under the top ICON row.

5) I have one odd request. The other day, I needed to have a higher fast tool height from the work reference corner to the first cut because of a necessary clamp placement, and the position of the first cut. Once at the first cutting point, a lower fast height was desirable. I also needed to set the last high speed travel to X0,Y0 to the higher height. Would a separate first-in and last-out height be difficult to do? Perhaps first-in and last-out could be at SAFE-Z height providing it isn't zero.

LazyCAM is looking good!

Thanks,
Bill

Pixel Tamer
Re: Ver 24 comments
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »
Art,
Do You ever plan to put tool offsets back into LazyCAM? Now that the project can be saved in an intermediate .lcam format, using tool offsets become more practical.

Also "Set Layer Depth" causes the program to crash using WIN2K. I click on a chain and then click Set Layer Depth.... fatal error and closes program.

Thanks.
Bill
Pixel Tamer
Re: Ver 24 comments
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:23:37 PM »
I will have to look into it for the future... This shoudl be a very simple thing to add
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com