Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:39:33 AM

Author Topic: How to get the onscreen MPG to stay up?  (Read 12218 times)

How to get the onscreen MPG to stay up?
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
Hi All,

I searched as this question has been raised before but there were no answers so I'm trying again:

The onscreen MPG is activated by the Tab key bit when you go from screen to screen, e.g. If you go from the Run screen to the Offsets screen, the MPG drops off and then you have to Tab it back up. There is a further annoyance that it doesn't remember the size/place it was set to and so you have to re-size it to fit the space or else it overlaps the other graphics.

Any ideas of a way to make it stay up, or at least remember its size and place?

Thanks,

Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the onscreen MPG to stay up?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »
Really the way to do it is add it to your screen as part of the main page, means a bit of work altering a screenset or making your own up.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
Thanks Hood,

I'm guessing there's no settings that can be adjusted to accomplish this. It seems very strange that it would have been programmed this way.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »
Not that I know of, its been a long long time since I used it as I made my own screensets up a long time ago and incorporated MPG buttons on it. However the size definitely used to stick, but that was way back so seems like that at least is broken now.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »
You can make a macro ... M108  DoOEMButton323 and put it in the initl string on the config page. The pendant will then pop up when you start Mach and hit RESET. Not sure if it will rem its size and place tho.
Russ
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »
screen to screen will still drop it though
shucks !

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
YOu could modify the screen buttons and include the code to pop up the MPG screen as it changes each time.

(;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
Hey TP, I was trying to do that !
How can one assign 2 oem codes to a single button .. or is that possible ? I tried but couldn't get it to work.
I also tried to overlay 2 buttons on top of each other with different oem codes in each but that didn't work either.
Just curious.
Thanks,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »
Russ you would make it a VB button in Screen4 or MachScreen then write the VB to it in Mach.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
You guys have lost me with the programming stuff  :)  Although it would be fun to make a new screen I'm trying to get parts made at the moment and just don't have the time. If anyone does come up with a way that can be loaded easily please let me in on it?

Cheers,

Mark