Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:59:19 PM

Author Topic: Problem with setting up mach3  (Read 17238 times)

Problem with setting up mach3
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »
Hi all,
       Am retrofitting a cnc router and am having problems getting mach3 to jog or generally move the steppers. My stepper/breakout board supplier ,  reckons all is ok with the wiring etc.
Because the stepper lock and lights are present when they are turned on. Am running xp. Not well up on electronics so any help would be appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with setting up mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 04:17:31 AM »
Hi Lanos62,

Welcome to the forum.

If you read through Chapter 5 this should explain the steps you need to take for everything to be set up correctly. http://www.machsupport.com/docs/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf

In particular check that your parallel port address is correct.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »
iam having possibly the same problem. evrything on my pc screen acts normal and acts as if its moving my plasma table in in deed it isnt. ive tried about everything. even re-loaded windows xp. still to no avail.  can somebody please help me.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:27:21 AM »
You need to provide a lot more details of your controller / motor drivers / setup / etc

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »
My bad, first of all Iam using a (CandCNC MP1000-THC) to run my table, appears to be running normal as it did before. iam also running on an brand new load of windows xp. i installed the software as well the the license, and as i said before it all acts normal until it comes ti,e to actually drive my plasma table, it does nothing. any ideas, suggestions, or trouble shooting tips would be greatfully helpful.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:58:54 AM »
Check with Device Manager to make certain that you have entered the correct port address for both LP1 and LP2 into Mach3 (and that both ports are enabled) and whilst in Device Manager also check the setup of the serial port COM1 is correct.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
How do I know what the right port adress is?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »
Thanks for your help btw, also now before when I would push the keys to move my table, the numbers on the xyz axis would grow and shrink according to which key I pushed, now that won't even work. Any suggestions?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 12:20:51 PM »
How do I know what the right port adress is?

Start/Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Ports (LPT1 : LPT2 : COM1)   ;)

Thanks for your help btw, also now before when I would push the keys to move my table, the numbers on the xyz axis would grow and shrink according to which key I pushed, now that won't even work. Any suggestions?

Check your keyboard settings are correct for your country in Control Panel under Regional and Language Options.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »
Thanks a lot tweakie, I will try some of those suggestions later in the day, my boss is crawling up my ass about how many man hours I've wasted on getting my table trouble running. Ill be sure sure to check back and let u know what I come up with. Thanks alot