Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:08:34 PM

Author Topic: NEW!! Drill Wizard  (Read 36123 times)

Re: NEW!! Drill Wizard
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »
I did not have an F word on the Peck Drill, but I did have it on the plunge drill. I have added it to Peck. The new version, 1.02, is at the top of this topic.

Offline sebba

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »
Hello,

great wizard, thank you for implementing.
but I have 2 (so far) problems :)

1. it seems to be a bug when recording because even I'm using the metric system, the tap file is saved with a "G20" at beginning.
2. when I want to start the spindle (pressing M3) I've got an error, see attached image. Also, I cannot enter any rpm value, always returns to zero when pressing ENTER
After I'm getting this error the wizard is still running but no spindle control.
I'm using MODBUS for spindle control. Could this be the reason?

And, if I'm allowed to say, a simple feature request:
When recording, if no DO ABS at beginning, the first drill is made where the machine is, will not move to the first desired position. Second drill is OK because position is specified.
I think will be a geed feature if all recordings will start from ABS position, even the user will not DO ABS at the beginning.

Best regards,
Seb

Offline sebba

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »
I found the solution for the first problem:

Editing GcodeInit.tap and replacing G20 with G21

regards,
Seb
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 09:19:43 AM »
Your second problem looks like you are running the MachStandard Mill screen set. That screen set loads many custom macros, so when the wizard trys to call an M3 mach runs the modified macro that calls code that is part of the MachStand Mill set.

Im not sure there is a fix for this. Ill try to get Dave to look at it.

On your recording issue I think the right answer is to start recording before you make your first move. The wizard will record everything you do after you start recording, so be sure to start recording first.

I'm happy to see my GcodeInit file helped, that is exactly the kind of problem I wanted to cover.

Offline sebba

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
yes indeed, I'm using MSM and yes indeed I doesn't try drillwiz with other screen set.
I hope you and Dave can find a fix for this.

many thanks,
Seb
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »
Hi,
Ron contacted me about this and I've looked into it a bit after being out of town for Xmas.

It appears to me tha Ron has found a general limitation with the mach #expand feature (a script programming feature).
Glossing over the tech details, it appears that when mach loads a wizard, mach treats the wizard as if it were a separate screen set. Unfortunately, that causes mach's #expand handling to not work well in this scenario. 

While MSM is probably the most popular screen set that uses #expand, I believe that this problem would occur with any MCode that uses #expand in the script for the MCode implementation. If an Mcode script it is invoked from a wizard directly and the script uses #expand, the problem happens. Wizards that post Gcode back to mach to get run from the non-wizard environment will be ok. 

It seems that the interactive nature of the new drill wizard is treading new ground for mach.

I'm thinking that maybe Ron and I can work out a proposal for what mach should do in these cases and then maybe we can get Brian to implement some improvements to mach's #expand handling.
So while we'll continue the conversation, this one may take some time as it will probably require some mach changes (which neither Ron nor I have control of).

Dave

yes indeed, I'm using MSM and yes indeed I doesn't try drillwiz with other screen set.
I hope you and Dave can find a fix for this.

many thanks,
Seb
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline sebba

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
I understand and I have to thank you nicely for your explanation.

Regards,
Seb

Offline bob b

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 01:07:23 PM »
Hi Ron i down loaded wizards update and put them on a flash drive , will this help me with manual feed wizard not working on new fangled wizards . I also need to know what you recommend as far as deleting old file in wizards after upload , also want to upload new drill wizard  i am very very novice at cnc i am a hands on machinist for 30 plus years . I am kinda gun shy on doing anything but willing to try just need some guidance a have a NM145 mill thanks for your time bob b
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
The wizards are on the net as a .zip file. You need to download that file then put it on a flash drive.

Take the flash drive to the shop PC with mach on it. When you plug it in a window should open and ask what you want to do. Click the choice to open a window and view the files.

When you find the wizard file, like DrillWiz102.zip Right click on it. That should open a menu with a choice to Extract ALL.
Choose that, then follow the directions. You want to extract the files so they end up in C:\Mach3\Addons\DrillWiz102.

Now delete the old wizard, which will be just DrillWiz, then rename the DrillWiz102 to be just DrillWiz.

Sorry it is so complicated, but Its about the only way I know to package them. If I dont add the version number then it would be very confusing.

Offline bob b

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
 thanks ron i have the newfangled wizards license and i want to put your last update in and now this drill wizard up date always wonder when i download to flash drive if it is thier sending it to one  send to removable disc  . am i rite on this not to pc literate just want to make sure also do the update first then the the drill wizard next