Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:18:39 AM

Author Topic: Need Extra Inputs  (Read 10274 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Need Extra Inputs
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:02 AM »
You go to Operator menu in Mach then Brain Editor and then click OK to the box that appears. The Editor window will open and you can then write your Brain. Once its written then go to File and Save and call it what you want, but best keep the name as one word even if you want to call it something like Increment Switch, just call it IncrementSwitch. You then save it in the Brain folder in the main Mach folder. Next step is to go back to Operator menu and click on Brain Control then when that opens click reload all brains and you should now see your new Brain in the list, click it then put a tick in the Enabled box and then finally press Reload Brain. That should now be it working and you can exit the Brain Control.
Hood

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:13 PM »
Hood
Many Many Thanks!
I can definitely follow that.
Cheers
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Hood I did what you said and got it working, but well there's always a but, the jog speed doesn't change with the switch its just at one constant , makes no difference's input 1 2 or 3.
Any Ideas on that one.
Cheers
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 02:52:54 AM »
You need to be in incremental jog for the switch to work, that is why I suggested a 4 position switch or a 3 posswitch but one position being used as continuous.
Below is a screenshot of how you would scieve that.
Note the first input puts it in to continuous jog while the other three inputs put it into incremental whe one of them is selected and then, dependant on which one, the increment size is set.
Hood
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:07:28 AM by Hood »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 03:10:47 AM »
Just to clarify, in the above screenshot the two Jog modes shown are different, just the Brain view doesnt show that up due to the way the text is displayed. The first one is Jog Mode Continuous and the second one is Jog Mode Increment.
Below is a better view.
Hood

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 08:39:38 AM »
Hi Hood
Finally got round to doing this, could not seem to get it to work the way you showed but there is more than one way to skin a cat! Say's the Mouse ;D
Instead of commands being sent back as Increments I used jog%. So my first input , formula a*0.5 sets jog speed at 0.5% the second at 1% and the third flat out at 100%. Makes my little push button unit very user friendly.
Once again many thanks for your help, Ill get the cover made for this little beast and post some pics. Now I have to go back to welding up that boat hull,and yes I'm still at it, I  got frustrated and replaced most of the bottom plates.
Cheers
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »
;D