Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:05:09 PM

Author Topic: hopefully getting this worked out  (Read 18752 times)

brmachineshop

Re: hopefully getting this worked out
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
Doug sent them an email. Depending on what they say, I believe he may cantact Art or someone else with Mach

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
Man!  I'm sitting her reading this thread and wondering what has gotten into everyone?  This seems to me like a simple mis-understanding blown WAY out of proportion!  Brad seems to me like a stand-up guy that has, through no fault of his own, found himself in a peculiar situation, and everyone is treating him like public enemy number one!  I just don't get it.  This is usually such a friendly forum....

Regards,
Ray L.

Ray, Have you bothered to read the whole history of this? I suspect not.

So here's a brief resume. The guy registers as ONE user and then for no apparant reason registers as another. He then gets into some hot water over licencing issues WHERE PEOPLE BENT OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP. FIANLLY I lock the thread and suggest GENTLY and POLITELY he comes back when he's legit. He then disappears for a couple of weeks and then comes back under the first username again. In all this - has he gone out and got a legit licence? NO - in fact he infers in several posts he's not of a mind to. Now when really pushed he's GOING to get one. Yeah well we've heard that one before. So then after a bit of checking I ask why he has TWO usernames here (unreasonable question?) and he gives me some crap about email addresses. Fine Ray - YOU trust him YOU support him.

Ian

brmachineshop

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
I have a couple of ideas myself.  First, why doesn't all the know it alls take a xanex or something, second idea is that I just go with running mine as a manual. Maybe everyone can sleep better tonight thinking I'm not trying to steal something from them. I wouldn't want to be associated with the a-holes that seem to hang out here anyway.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
RAY, Here's how this works, The perp has a pirated license.  THIS pretty much sets the stage for the scam

" I can't justify buying a license after I was fortunate to receive this one. "

What he does NOT have is the knowledge to get his machine running. What he is stalling for is he hopes that someone will break down and tell him how to fix his machine. Stall ,stall, wait, wait, promise to buy,  promise, stall,

NOW IF someones DOES tell him how to fix the machine THEN he "smiles", installs the pirated license GIVES you the finger and puts the $159 back in his wallet.

Did I mention about the SMILE????

I have heard this same thing 100s of time over the last 40years of shop work.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:47:38 PM by BR549 »

brmachineshop

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
For someone who thinks they are of such high intelligence. U have overlooked two things. First, I have a legit license transferred from doug ( pending license department approval which I know will happen ) so I would have no need to hold onto pirated version.  Second thing is I would say I am not stalling since I plainly said I do not want anything from anyone here.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
Fine - bye.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »
wouldn't want to be associated with the a-holes that seem to hang out here anyway

Your request is our pleasure.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
SEE YA, (;-) TP

scottn

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »
Doug sent them an email. Depending on what they say, I believe he may cantact Art or someone else with Mach

I feel the need to chip in on this one, as it seems to me that is promotes a situation where Junior runs to mommy if he does not like the answer he gets from daddy...  ;-)

First, contacting Art is not going to do anything for obvious reasons.  Second, any and all licensing questions not directed to me are going to get re-directed to me.  So, it would be a bit futile to try and end run me if my response is not the desired one...  ;-)

As far as this situation, we still have not reached a decision...
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:23 PM »
This thread is an example of what happens when communication breaks down.  I accept much of the blame here, as it never even occurred to me that Art had sold the company.  (That should give some indication of how long I've been out of the loop.)

Scott has offered up the olive branch in granting my request to honor a nine year old - and admittedly obscure - agreement between Art and myself.  Brad gets a real license, I get closure, and Scott demonstrates the kind of business ethic not often seen in today's economy.  Thanks, Scott.  Yer a good egg!

Doug