Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 05:45:24 AM

Author Topic: Picking up where I left off...  (Read 3854 times)

Picking up where I left off...
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:16:47 PM »
If I have to stop the program, either through e-stop, the space bar, the stop button, etc...

What is the procedure for picking up where I left off?

If I scroll the G code in the G code window to the spot I want to resume at, what do I do next?

Thanks,
 Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Picking up where I left off...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:34:25 AM »
If you have pressed Stop or E-Stop whilst moving then you should re home as the first move then you can scroll the code and press Run From Here. The code will run through to the point you have chosen then when you press Start you will get a prep move box, if the numbers look fine in that then press Ok, the axis will move to the location in the prep move box and then once there you press Start again and thats it.
One thing however to point out, Run From Here is one of the limitations of the Demo so if you dont have a licence it wont work.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
If you have pressed Stop or E-Stop whilst moving then you should re home as the first move then you can scroll the code and press Run From Here. The code will run through to the point you have chosen then when you press Start you will get a prep move box, if the numbers look fine in that then press Ok, the axis will move to the location in the prep move box and then once there you press Start again and thats it.
One thing however to point out, Run From Here is one of the limitations of the Demo so if you dont have a licence it wont work.
Hood

Ah, perhaps that explains my confusion.. I must have tried it before I bought the license... Because I remember trying the run form here button some time back, and nothing happened... maybe I had not yet bought the license?
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »
What does verify and set next line do?

Rewind takes all the way me back to the beginning, right?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
Set next line is similar to Run From Here except it will not run through the code and set modal states.
Verify should move your axis to the home switch and count the difference between where Mach thinks it is from the last time you homed to where it actually was, if different.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »
Set next line is similar to Run From Here except it will not run through the code and set modal states.
Verify should move your axis to the home switch and count the difference between where Mach thinks it is from the last time you homed to where it actually was, if different.
Hood

Modal states are all the G Codes at the beginning of the file? (ie g54, G90, etc)... It leaves them where they were last set at?

So verify is good for detecting problems like lost steps, backlash, sloppy home switches, etc?...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
Yes more or less but modal state could be already set to something other than is at the start of your code.

Yes Verify will basically tell you whether the axis is where Mach thinks it is but as you note there could be a few different reasons for it not being there.
Hood