Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 06:07:51 AM

Author Topic: error report  (Read 4232 times)

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
error report
« on: December 17, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »
Hi, I am brand new to cnc, I have my machine built and have limit and home switches working properly, my question is why when I ask for a configuration test, it shows an error in output --no pins or ports selected, the only outputs I have enabled is for the pump signal and I have the proper settings set. Also what is the proper sequence to test the machine, I type in some g code in the mdi screen but when I switch to run screen, the code is not there. What am I missing?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Terry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: error report
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:09:46 PM »
My guess is the reason for the error is because you don't have any motor settings. On the MDI, try typing in your code in the MDI screen and hitting enter. I don't think you should go back to program run page if you are wanting to run MDI code.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:18:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply Chaoticone, I have my motors enabled and they all run in the proper direction including homeing, is there something in the outputs screen regarding motors I have missed?
Thanks
Terry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:26:44 PM »
I'm sorry, I though you said the only one you had enabled was the pump.

it shows an error in output --no pins or ports selected, the only outputs I have enabled is for the pump signal and I have the proper settings set.

Can you post your xml file? Are you having a problem or is it just showing an error when you run the test?

Hood

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 06:31:39 PM »
When you type into the MDI you wont get code in the run screen. All that MDI does is carry out the move you have just typed in. If you want to save the code then I think you can use the teach button but not too sure on that as I have never used it.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
Oh also dont worry too much about the config test results, I know I get reports similar to yours and my mill has run great for a year or more. If your machine is working correctly dont stress. Just out of interest what version are you using?

Hood

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 07:42:39 PM »
Thanks guys for the help, I am using version 3 trial edition. I will watch the videos again, I suspect it is ok, I just have a large learning curve to get around.
Terry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »
Terry,
    You will get it. Lots of good people here to help. We will keep an eye out for you. ;D

Hood

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 07:47:10 PM »
And you will get lots of help on the forum which will help you climb the curve. One thing to look for is see if your modbus is enabled, that could throw up that warning message .

Hood