Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:59:04 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 and a Roland PNC-2700  (Read 11814 times)

Re: Mach 3 and a Roland PNC-2700
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
The little Roland is what i started with learning CNC programing it tout me a lot not that i am any kind of Asspert now LOL. so your 3100 has the mem buffer do you also have the Roland scanner i have the set i have made a lot of parts with this system i always wished it had more power for metal it dose OK but i can run my big machine's so much faster.

Dennis 
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
Hi Jonny
I own a Roland pnc 3100 same machine and i have modela as well as all the other Roland programs and i am very familiar with the machine i have used it for years now.you can use a camm program but it has to have a post for the Roland machine the post is hpgl like a printer would use i wouldn't try and remove the mother board and convert the machine to a direct mach set up i think it would be a waist if the machine is in working order if i can be of any help let me know.

Dennis

Well on the official Roland forums the tech team said I could use it with Rhino by simply hitting print as if I was printing just a standard a4 sheet. I downloaded the driver, and Rhino recognised it, I was able to set the tools and what have you, but when I clicked print, nothing happened. They also said they can provide me with Modella and Dr.Engrave if I provide the serial number, which I can, so I'm going to try that this week.

The little Roland is what i started with learning CNC programing it tout me a lot not that i am any kind of Asspert now LOL. so your 3100 has the mem buffer do you also have the Roland scanner i have the set i have made a lot of parts with this system i always wished it had more power for metal it dose OK but i can run my big machine's so much faster.

Dennis 

No scanner sadly! Just the external hard-drive thing which has the power button/LED and spindle control.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
Jonny
Do you have the disk formatted for the mem buffer if you don't the system won't work also the dip switches have to set correctly on the mother board so if any has played around with the unit it may not be set up correctly. if you are using the mem buffer the mother board sw-1 dip sw-6 has to be set for parallel not serial or you can run the machine directly by using the sw-6 in the serial setting this is  how my machine is configured i use the buffer as it Free's up the PC faster for more work i have the drill attachment for mine and all the bells and whistle that came with it if you need driver's and such go the Roland web site in Japan there you can find all the firm ware up dates and drivers for the unit.

Dennis 
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 04:51:56 PM »
Do you have the disk formatted for the mem buffer if you don't the system won't work also the dip switches have to set correctly on the mother board so if any has played around with the unit it may not be set up correctly.

Sorry, but what does this mean? Is this anything to do with previous paths saved to the machine? If so I've removed them.

if you need driver's and such go the Roland web site in Japan there you can find all the firm ware up dates and drivers for the unit.

I've already installed said driver and the PC recognises it just fine.
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »
OK Jonny maybe i am lost here which machine do you have ? the 3100 requires a formated disk in the buffer or it dose not send the correct info to the machine for it's path it maybe different in the 2700 but i don't think so.
 The driver is something separate that's in the camm program.

Dennis