Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:19:18 AM

Author Topic: I Hate Windows XP  (Read 2408 times)

I Hate Windows XP
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »
Does anyone know of a way to run MACH3 under XP that is absolutely and totally, window and borderless, as if the operating system isn't there at all?

Many thanks

Graham
Re: I Hate Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Not sure this will give you what you want, but you can try it.   Right click on the tool bar at the bottom of your screen (if that is where it is)  click on properties,  choose Auto-Hide Toolbar and it will go away.  You can retrieve the toolbar by running the cursor over wherever the toolbar was.  This option leaves a blank white bar at the bottom of the Mach3 screen, but I think that has more to do with the Mach screen  or the size of your computer screen than the toolbar location. 
Re: I Hate Windows XP
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
No, not quite :)

I'm an EPOS Engineer, our computer equipment (Wincor Nixdorf) uses XPe mostly and Linux, but that's for B&Q, when the POS applications run on it, you wouldn't know what operating system was running, because everything's hidden away. No borders, windows, little blue lines at the bottom of the screen or missing graphics.

I can always design my own screen set to cope with any missing graphic strip, or stretch it a bit to fit the full screen, but I can't find a way to hide the operating system and make MACH3 go full screen. I hope someone knows, it's driving me nuts.

Graham