Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:59:30 PM

Author Topic: I have hit a brick wall  (Read 3395 times)

I have hit a brick wall
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »
I have a new machine that I an trying to finish up and get running for my business. over the past few months i have purchase all of the parts and very carefully assembled everything. There has been some success because I have know the joy of having everything move in jog mode. So, after playing with it for a little while, I decided to go back and get all of the limit switches hooked up, added another e-stop, and added a relay for the spindle. After a couple of minor bumps I got it all to work. Here is where the other shoe falls... I cannot move any of the axis now.

The machine specs... I have a 4' x 8' 3 axis router set up. I used Keiling Kl42H2150-41-8a stepper motors with their KL11080 8 amp opto-isolated drivers. The PC is a quad core 2.9ghz machine with 6 gig of ram. To get to the drivers I have a smooth stepper linked to a c10 break out board.

What I have done... Basically I took everything apart and started over. Wiped all the software and re-installed, double and triple checked all the wiring. Everything checks out. When I go to the diagnostics screen and have everything indicating that all is well with the world with the exception of the time to int. and the processor information. All of this reads 0. This is very confusing because the smooth stepper checks out that it is loading the firmware and is communicating with the PC just fine. The PC works just fine too... no glitches, no devices not working properly, etc...

So the question of the day is what the hell??? Why is the system showing no sings of life after having worked fine?

Please help with any ideas. - Dave

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
Re: I have hit a brick wall
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »
the smooth stepper checks out that it is loading the firmware and is communicating with the PC just fine. The PC works just fine too... no glitches, no devices not working properly, etc...
eStop stuck on
Power supply to motors giving no volts - blown fuse or breaker
BoB lost power
Loose connector
Signal lines disabled or on wrong pins

Just some of many possibilities.

Cheers
Re: I have hit a brick wall
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »
Yep, my thoughts too. I have gone through all of that twice now with not improvement. So, today I will be replacing the BOB and the Smooth Stepper in the hopes that one or the other solves the problem.

Thanks for the ideas though.