Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:23:45 AM

Author Topic: Drives falut out  (Read 11692 times)

Drives falut out
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Hi Guy's
 I have a question for you mach guru's is there a way to stop mach feeding g-code when the drives fault out i hope i am getting my point across what happens is if the drives on my machine fault out mach keeps running the code and the part and now code won't match is i do a reset and run i have to try and set the start point and run the code until i get it to a point where i can check it's location then return to 0 make an adjustment and try it again it's a real pain thanks.

Rg's
Dennis   

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Drives falut out
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »
If your drives have a fault signal you can feed that to Mach to do an E-Stop.
The way I do it is via my PLC, heres a screenshot of the E-Stop to Mach via my PLC but you could do similar with a Brain. I also have the enables to the drives in a similar fashion in the PLC so if a limit or E-Stop button or drive faults then enables are taken away from the drives.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »
Hood
Thanks for the reply, i have all my drives linked together so if one drive faults they all go didn't want any thing moving and cutting in only one axis i have break out board in between my computer and the drives so i am not sure how this effects what you have pictured above or how it's done.

Thanks again for the help
Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:19 PM »
I take it your drives have a fault signal then? If so feed that to an input to Mach and have a brain look at that input and call an E-Stop.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
Another trick is to bring your fauilt signal into the Estop input pin.

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 05:23:25 AM »
Another trick is to bring your fauilt signal into the Estop input pin.

(;-) TP

Thats the preferred way I would say, its what I do but as I use a PLC its easy to have all sorts in the E-Stop string to Mach. I have dual E-Stop string, the one to Mach and the other to my drives contactors etc.

Hood
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 01:55:51 PM »
Thanks guy's for the help
so then all i have to do is take one of the input line's in the Lpt port wiring and tie it into the fault wire is my thinking correct?

Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
or you could also put it in as Input 1 then enable the option on General Config page (lower left) That will stop code when the input is active however it will not E-Stop Mach.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
Hood
if i do the above on pin one it would stop Mach and the G-code feed at the time the drives fault correct ? that's what i wish to accomplish when and if the drives fault out mach stops the code from going any further it all comes to a stop at the same time.

Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Yes thats what would happen, you just have to remember to rehome as you will likely have lost position but you would likely do that anyway. Personally I prefer Mach gets an e-stop but thats just my personal choice.
Hood