Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:57:09 PM

Author Topic: MACH3 Manuals and Docs  (Read 3131 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
MACH3 Manuals and Docs
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
I have noticed that all the MACH documentaion is still scattered about. Would it be helpfull if it was all gathered up and place in ONE spot be it manuals or user docs. That includes all OEM manuals that interface Mach.

It would probably be a DIY INDUSTRY first.

Just a thought, (;-)
Re: MACH3 Manuals and Docs
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
Hi Terry,
Good idea, but it would not be a "first"  ;)   

Just one of the benefits of MachStdMill is that it automatically installs all the Mach manuals as part of the package. (with one exception for a manual that the (c) holder would not give permission to redistribute, For that manual, MSM installs a pointer doc to where to get the manual on the web - once that is done, the manual opens from a button on the reference page just like all the other manuals).

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »
HIYA DAVE, Sounds good for the MSM users but what about the rest of the world(;-). There is also a LOT of reference material that would be usefull . IT COULD grow to be a very userfull libaray resource for the DIY CNC World.

Perhaps ArtSoft could compile it all into DVD format as a for sale item for those that want it ????

Are you still in charge of the Mach3 Programmer guide? I found a few more things not in it and also have a suggestion for the Buttons,dros,leds section.

Just a thought(;-) TP

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:35:59 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:55:19 PM »
HIYA DAVE, Sounds good for the MSM users but what about the rest of the world(;-).
Well.... I think the best way to skin that cat is for the rest of the world to become MSM users!   ;D ;D

Are you still in charge of the Mach3 Programmer guide? I found a few more things not in it and also have a suggestion for the Buttons,dros,leds section.

Informally, I seem to have the care and feeding of that manual. Shoot me an email - I add corrections that people point out and send updates to Brian when there are enough of them to warrant a rev.

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »
Dave if you did a screenset for the dark side you could retire early(;-)

(;-) TP