Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:16:54 AM

Author Topic: Maintenance Statistics  (Read 6002 times)

Maintenance Statistics
« on: August 27, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »
Is there any way that extra options can be added in maintenance statistics to keep track of tool usage. For example for however many tools you have information stored for, it would show the same statistics but for each tool used (adding avg feed rate as well). Maybe allowing individual reset just for each tool to show replacement and still have a separate master for total machine usage stats. It would be really nice to take this further and have customizeable settings as well.

The reason I would like this is for futher statistics of costs involved with orders. How long a particular bit lasts, how long my vacuum table top lasts etc. Maybe having a print button or archive dates so you can keep track of long term usage (To further diagnose if it maybe an operator caused problem or machine issue)

Any help would be appreciated
Re: Maintenance Statistics
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »
any ideas

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:21:15 PM »
This is going totally outside the realm of a cnc controller(;-).  I know there is shop software out there to do what you want but i don't know of ANY cnc controllers that do that. I do have a consumables page for a Mach3 plasma table that tracks consumables CO$T per unit BUT that is a whole different thing from what you are wanting.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:31:04 PM »
I would just like the statistics to track tool statistics as well.  Is there a way to make a page that would show total inches and hours when a tool is selected and used

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »
There is but NOT from just Mach3. Your Cam software would have to be able to put that info into the Program file using Gcode #var. Then at the completion of the program the M1030 macro automatically runs so you could update the tool use info to a tool use file. You also have to have a button that allows you to UPDATE the file in case of a tool changeout for that tool#.

I do the same thing with consumables(plasma) and Job info . At each program end it updates the job file and the consumables file.

At months end I then transfer them over to a data base that does the analysis of the data.

The big thing is YOUR CAM has to do the actual work in calculating the useage numbers and then add them to the Gcode through #vars statements ( #601=103) on posting.

SO NOW that you have my interest what exactly are you wanting to track tool wise???

Hope that helps, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:53:34 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »
That does help. Do you have the macro that you have run at the end of the program. I am interested in checking it out.
What I am interested in tracking is total inches and hours ran.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
IF you look under Downloads  in the Mach tool Box there is the info on the consumables page including the M1030 macro example. The M1030 runs automatically at the M30 call in the Gcode so you do not have to add any special macro call to the gcode.

Remember the CAM has to be able to output the useage data MACH does not have that function built in.

Link:     http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15197.0.html

Hope that helps, (;-)TP
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:51:30 PM by BR549 »

Offline KMX

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
Is it possible to get data from maintenance statistics? I would need it to set up automatic lubrication.

Regards, Denis