Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:32 AM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116810 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
In all screens I will be giving the option to set both the tool number and the offset. This will allow you to do whatever method you desire. If the offset is 0 it will be set the same as the tool. this should make everyone happy. :)
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »
Sounds like a Mach3 reach around, LOL, cool!!! good job

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »
Had a job today which reminded me why I needed to use different offsets for same tool. I have a gang tooling plate which I sometimes mount and use in conjunction with the turret. Use this mainly for high volume jobs where every second matters to avoid wasting time on the turret indexing. So one tool is used from the turret and another two are from the gang tooling plate. In this instance the 3 tools are:

T0404
T0441
T0442

Since the tool is the same the turret doesn't rotate and allows only changing the offset for each tool.

Dan

Dan, the good thing for me is I had previously adhered to the offset and slot numbers I used  so now even old code doesnt need editing as the macro sees T01 the same as T13 or T25 or... so I can happily use new tool numbering whilst at the same time can safely use old code without needing to edit :)

As said no benefit to me with Mach itself but for Dolphin CAM it will make my life easier so I am glad this subject was brought up :)
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2011, 12:28:32 AM »
Oh... Thanks Hood. It didn't come to my mind. So I can program T0404 for the turret and T1010 for the gang tool and the turret won't rotate.

Dan

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »
In all screens I will be giving the option to set both the tool number and the offset. This will allow you to do whatever method you desire. If the offset is 0 it will be set the same as the tool. this should make everyone happy. :)

Wes,

As I previously said, just make sure the name of the tool is tied to the offset number (yy in Txxyy). I think it wouldn't affect the new tol numbering while it would be beneficial for the old one.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »
As I previously said, just make sure the name of the tool is tied to the offset number (yy in Txxyy). I think it wouldn't affect the new tol numbering while it would be beneficial for the old one.

Name of the tool always reflects the offset in mach. Tool number just calls up the slot of your turret. Offset is the one that sets up everything else. I am adding the tool number so if your macro is smart enough to detect the change of the tool dro without actually calling a tool change you can index to that position.  Just adds more options is all. Options is the name of the game to please as many people as you can. :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2011, 03:16:44 AM »
Name of the tool always reflects the offset in mach. Tool number just calls up the slot of your turret. Offset is the one that sets up everything else. I am adding the tool number so if your macro is smart enough to detect the change of the tool dro without actually calling a tool change you can index to that position.  Just adds more options is all. Options is the name of the game to please as many people as you can. :)

That is only the case in the most recent versions of Mach, unless you are managing to do it yourself somehow? Up until  very recently the tool number was what everything was tied to, with the way myself and Dan are doing the macro now it wouldnt matter, but before, it did.
Brian got fed up with my constant nagging and he gave in and did a couple of small changes, hope he caves in and does some more, CSS would be nice :) Likely that wont happen until the next Rev though and no one knows when that will be, not even Brian I suspect.
Hood

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32:24 AM »

That is only the case in the most recent versions of Mach, unless you are managing to do it yourself somehow? Up until  very recently the tool number was what everything was tied to, with the way myself and Dan are doing the macro now it wouldnt matter, but before, it did.
Brian got fed up with my constant nagging and he gave in and did a couple of small changes, hope he caves in and does some more, CSS would be nice :) Likely that wont happen until the next Rev though and no one knows when that will be, not even Brian I suspect.
Hood

Hmm it may just be me but when I use DRO 245 to set the offset (tool stays the same) it loads all the current info for the tool number of that offset. Seams to save it as well. Maybe you can check that on your setup Hood? I am using Mach3 version R3.043.046

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2011, 03:43:54 AM »
By "recently", Hood was meaning the recent addition of DRO 245. Up until recently this DRO was not implemented.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
By "recently", Hood was meaning the recent addition of DRO 245. Up until recently this DRO was not implemented.

Dan

Ahh... hard to keep up sometimes. :) Anyways... I haven't noticed any issues that are specific to the latest version. Threading seams to work. Is there anything I should be aware of or any reason not to use this version?