Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:05:22 AM

Author Topic: Could this be done with Mach  (Read 14822 times)

Re: Could this be done with Mach
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
Ian, I am glad that you can figure it out, but unless you are willing to give step by step instructions, I don't feel as if I can accomplish this. For you to say that I wasted your time is not fair. You gave an explanation that you fully understand, but that doesn't mean that everyone has the same skill set as you. This was something that I wanted to look into so I asked a question and got answers. For that I am greatfull.  Would you rather me keep asking questions that you would feel are elementary or would you rather me admit to my short comings thank everyone for their replies and move on. I could easily keep asking questions to the point that you got frustrated with me for not getting it. So again I thank everyone for their posts on this subject. Sorry if my skill level is not up to the prerequisites for posting a question on this forum.

Tom

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »
Tom, you asked for the DXF. I posted it along with 2 images to help further. OK so you still didn't get it - that's not a fault. I have no way of knowing your skill level I was just doing my best to help. I'd have happily given a step by step, but you just ignored my last post and that's just plain simple bad manners and why I'm pi**ed off.

Ian
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:14:12 AM by stirling »
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
Ian, it may have seemed like I ignored your post, I did not. I have been still playing with mastercam. I created the 2 surfaces and created the curves based on the intersections, then made all of the curves into small straight lines. I the tool pathed it and output the file. I looked at the g-code and it seems to look OK but no real way to tell until I would run it on an actual machine.

So your idea seems to work. But if I can output 2 separate tool paths and have 2 systems running Mach and have the 1st system start the 2ND based on a DRO or even a switch of some sort I could achieve the end result without the extra work needed to produce the 3d geometry. I am just thinking out loud. Just trying to use the the KIS rule.

Tom

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:37 AM »
Very interesting thread. I like doing things with
Mach that is not common. I also only gain from
the brains of others and hard work. I hope it continues.
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »
Tom have you made some progress with your project??
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
I have put this on the back burner for now. Hopefully sometime in the near future I can start building the lathe. But I may try and buy a copy lathe and then convert that. I am keeping a look out for a centuaro T5E I feel that would be the easiest to convert

Tom
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 08:23:03 PM »
I heard that Mach4 will be able to run 2 planners. This could resolve the problem completely if it does. Just a thought.

Linking two computers would be difficult as the pulse frequency would not be synced, and thus the feed rate would likely differ noticeably. Perhaps not impossible, but I think it would be opening a can of worms.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris