Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:56:50 AM

Author Topic: My Mach3 simplified screen lost a bit of functionality...  (Read 3165 times)

My Mach3 simplified screen lost a bit of functionality...
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Now that I have a bit of time under my belt with Mach3 I made the decision to employ a Logitech Dual Action Game Controller and was successful with mapping the controller with the functionality desired using KeyGrabber.  That's the good part...!  Emboldened... I began to play with MachScreen to simplify the 1024 Page 1 screen.  So... I created my simplified screen by heavily modifying Page 1 of the 1024 screenset.  This was also a success on first blush... the screen worked well however... when I attempted to employ the game controllers D-pad which I have mapped to the keyboards Left,Right, Up & Down arrow keys and buttons 4 & 2, which I have mapped to the keyboards Page Up & Page Down keys... they are non-functioning.  Even the keyboard's Left,Right, Up & Down arrow keys and Page Up & Page Down keys do not work...!  Everything else works fine on the keyboard & game controller. 

Going back to the standard 1024 screenset re-enables the keyboard's & game controllers FULL functionality.  So here's the question... it is obvious that SOMETHING having to do with the keyboard's Left,Right, Up & Down arrow keys and Page Up & Page Down keys has NOT been carried into my modified simplified Page 1 screen.  After several frustrating hours attempting to suss out a remedy... I've no idea how to go about troubleshooting this.

I hope I've given sufficient info on the problem... ANY ideas what I might do to reenable these nonfunctioning keys and get them back to working on my simplified screen...???

BOOMER52

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: My Mach3 simplified screen lost a bit of functionality...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »
You need a Jog Control button on any page you wish to Jog from. OEM 103 for button and if you want also the LED to let you know if its active or not then the OEM for that is 83
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
Hood...

Thanks...!  Jog Control was indeed eliminated.  Such a simple fix for something that vexed me so greatly...! 

Thanks again...!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
Ha ha know the feeling, its always the simple things that puzzle you for the longest :D

Hood