Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:08:32 AM

Author Topic: convert retofit Fryer MB11 with Anilam 1100M  (Read 10097 times)

Re: convert retofit Fryer MB11 with Anilam 1100M
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
Hood et al,

The pictures may be to big.  It only says it times out. The picture probably isn't that important anyway.   
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
Hood et al,

I think I'm starting to get it.  The Galil 4040 will receive the quadrature signal from the encoder(s) and then send the "move command" (direction & distance) and will also put out +-10vdc for the speed to the individual amps.  They in turn send back to the servo/encoder the "move command" and the correct amount of DC power (for speed) to the servo.  Probably the dumbest question yet, but I gotta ask...Can I reuse the existing X, Y, & Z amps?  They already have all the connections and power they need but instead of communicating to the existing board I would connect them to the 4040.  This is assuming they use the same signal for the "move command".  Sinusoidal communication?  Would it hurt anything to try it and see?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
That is the whole point of using a Galil or DSPMC as they can output the analogue signal that your amps require (X Y Z cards)
The way it works
Mach interprets your G Code, Plans the trajectory and gives that info to the Galil.
The Galil will send out a voltage (between -10 and +10v) to your amplifiers and they will then make the motors move. The Galil monitors the encoder feedback from the motors and adjusts the voltage it sends to the amplifiers to keep the axis on the planned path and within the correct time frame for the move.

I dont know anything about the specific Galil boards as I have never used any of the Galils, do have one sitting here that I picked up at a reasonable price but not had a use for it yet :0

Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
Hood et al,

I'll order the other two drive BOB's.  I am going to try it and see if it works out.  If it does, then I got off extremely easy, hardware wise.  I'm sure that configuring it will be fun.