Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:05:23 AM

Author Topic: Un expected pop up window during tool change  (Read 3814 times)

Un expected pop up window during tool change
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
I am using the latest version of Mach 3. During a tool change I had a pop up window that displayed a tag for each axis with what looked like the distance I jogged from the position that motion stopped when the "Tool Change Stop" happened. At the bottom of the pop up were two choices:  "OK" or Cancel. Since I had never seen this window I selected "Cancel" then hit the start button as usual. Unfortunately the spindle did not start and before I could get the stop button hit I snapped the tool. :(

What is this window?

Help, I am afraid to start this job over again ( it runs over 4 hours )

John B

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Un expected pop up window during tool change
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
That was the restart window. It told you were you were and how Mach was going to get back to the start point and asked IF you want to start the spindle.

IF you never saw it before then something has changed.   DID you update mach. Change something in config( You can turn this on or off)?

HOW are you doing a toolchange ??

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:33:13 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »
I think I did an update in the last month or two but don't remember any changes I made. What is this called in config and is it in the manual?

John B

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
Here is a way to turn it ON/OFF. I am not sure IF it ever made it into the Config side on a normal version of Mach. I don't think you will fiond it in the manual and may not in config or it may be hidden somewhere on a page.

SetParam("PrepMove",0) to turn it off
SetParam("PrepMove",1) to turn it on

IF I remember correctly you would ONLY see that box pop up IF you jogged away from a known position during a HOLD situation and pressed cycle start to resume. YES? NO?

How are you doing the actual tool change?

(;-) TP

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:23 PM »
In the general Config I have "stop for tool change and wait for cycle start"  checked.  In the mean time if it happens this time how do I respond so I can restart where it left off?

BTW I am running .nc code generated by MeshCam.

John
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:29:16 PM by flsteam »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
Look at the numbers it gives you in the prep move window and if they are OK then press OK, remembering to choose the spindle start option in that window.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
Ah, yes!  The mysterious "Preparatory Move"....  I get those occasionally, seemingly randomly.  As often as not, the move that it proposes to make is completely nonsensical, and sometimes quite destructive.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:02 PM »
I have rerun the program and this time it has worked as always.  What the H*&@ is going on. 

John B.