Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:56 PM

Author Topic: Old Industrial Hobbies Tech pages  (Read 4831 times)

Old Industrial Hobbies Tech pages
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
I have the original Industrial hobbies webpages printed pertaining to a semi auto tool change.  Is this some thin you would be interested in having posted?  I only have them in black and white but the info is there and clear.  I would have to scan all the printed pages and find a way to bundle them in one form.  I found some of the old mach2 scripting very cool and would like to implement it with a few changes. 

Re: Old Industrial Hobbies Tech pages
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:23:09 PM »
M6Start.m1s contents gets deleted and this code gets put in the folder

SafeZ = Get Safe Z Value
Code "G53 G00 Z" & SafeZ 'Goto the safe Z location
Code "M99999" ' Call Macro M99999

M6End.m1s contents gets deleted

Create a new file labled M99999.m1s and place the following lines
tool = GetSelectedTool() 'Load the tool number
SetCurrentTool( tool ) 'Set the tool
Code "G43 H" & tool 'Set the height

Complete = Question ("Change to tool number" & tool)

Does any of this look wrong?  if so what.  I would also like to add in an auto spindle shut down for tool change and turn back on ofter tool change, auto coolant stop  for tool change and turn back on after tool change, and move table to home position for tool change.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:49:59 AM »
by the way i am using mach3 latest lockdown on an x2 minimill. 

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »
I would also like to add in an auto spindle shut down for tool change and turn back on ofter tool change, auto coolant stop  for tool change and turn back on after tool change, and move table to home position for tool change.

If you go to General Config, under "Tool Change", and set it to Stop Spindle, wait for Cycle Start, it will automatically stop your spindle at M6 commands.

As far as turning it back on, I recommend having the g-code turn it on, for safety reasons.

I use an M6 macro to auto zero my tools after a tool change. While writing the macro, I originally had it starting the spindle. But Imo it was a safety issue. If you use MDI for a tool change, for example, you wouldn't want the spindle to start, as you probably wouldn't be expecting it to.

Same goes for coolant. Let the g-code handle it.

You can add home to go to your home position after this line.
Code "G53 G00 Z" & SafeZ 'Goto the safe Z location
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
i was thinking that there would be a way to make the spindle and coolant start after you hit cycle start and then hit cycle start again to start the movement.  i may be making this more difficult that it should be.  I have not successfully implemented this on a machine yet.  This will be the one to do it.  Do you have any advice for me.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
here is the whole automatic tool changer post.  I also have all of the old files saved with pictures from back in 06-07 when the company had all the mill tips and production tips up.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »
I have a newer IH mill, but it like to see all the old documents.

I didn't get any when I bought my mill.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:43 AM »
i will start copying them to pdf tonight and start a new post called mill tips.