Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 11:17:57 AM

Author Topic: Using G-code files in Button Scripts  (Read 25049 times)

Re: Using G-code files in Button Scripts
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
I had an E-mail indicating that a reply had been posted by yingxuy, but it does not seem to be here.  However it did prompt me to give an update on progress:  I have not posted anything for a while because  the screen I created with buttons calling G-code files is working well and I am using it quite often my workshop. Therefore as feedback to BR549 - yes what we discussed earlier does work and I have not experienced any problems.

What I have created is something like a wizard but I think it does more than most I have looked at. Basically it is an automated turn to diameter program for the lathe that allows one to specify start and finishing diameters, nominal roughing and finishing cut depths and the number of finishing cuts to be used.  It works out how many roughing cuts are required and carries these out. It then stops after each finishing cut so that the measured diameter can be entered and cut depth adjusted so that one can reliably turn to within a few tenths of a "thou".  The cuts are remembered and one can then repeat the exact sequence on additional items being turned.

if anyone is interested please let me know.

J