Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:16:15 PM

Author Topic: Pobleme with G31 and axis compensation using formula  (Read 2526 times)

Offline rdpdo

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Pobleme with G31 and axis compensation using formula
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »
Hello,

I am using compensation on XY axis with the formula for squarness compensation :

X = X
 Y = Y + (X*0.005)
 Z = Z

With this setup, when I do a MDI "G0 Z1", only the Z axis is moving. It's ok...

Unfortenalty, when i do a MDI "G31 Z-0.5 F10" to probe a point, the Z axis AND the Y axis are moving... :(

When I disable formula, I havent this problem...

Is is normal or a bug ?

Thanks for your help.

Regard.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Pobleme with G31 and axis compensation using formula
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
Hi rdpdo,

This thread perhaps relates to your problem as well. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,19117.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Pobleme with G31 and axis compensation using formula
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 06:39:53 PM »
Hi,
This is an educated guess - I suspect it's a bug in Mach.
I say this because I've learned that Mach is not consistent about handling coordinate transformations when reporting G31 touch points. For example Mach does not handle Coordinate rotations and G31 correctly (where that means "mathematically correctly").

Since the formula you are using should be treated (from a math viewpoint) as a concatenated coordinate transformation, I have this gut level feeling that this could be another example of not all parts of mach uniformly handling all other parts of mach....

My suggestion would be to get a (as simple as possible) reproducible test case, write up the steps to show the problem and then contact Andrew at artsoft
Andrew is the first line bug checker these days - if you can show the problem to him, he can be the path to further action inside artsoft.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline rdpdo

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Pobleme with G31 and axis compensation using formula
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
Ok thanks you I'll send a message to andrew.