Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:14:03 AM

Author Topic: interlock / feed hold for multiple heads  (Read 3335 times)

Offline ASC

•  59 59
    • View Profile
    • Automation Systems
interlock / feed hold for multiple heads
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
Hey gang, I'm configuring a pick and place system with onboard dot dispensing and need a little help.  I have a nozzle and 2 dispensers mounted on a single tooling plate.  Each has its own linear actuator moving it in and out of the work area.  At the top of the stroke of each actuator I have a single reed switch wired in series.  This reed switch triggers a digital input to mach which is meant to ensure that the axes will not move while a tool is down, preventing damage to the dispensers and nozzle. 
My problem is that I cannot find an easy way to configure the input to prevent motion.  Using the input as a feed hold works but requires the operator to hit the start button again after every stroke of an actuator.  So what I need is a way to configure a single input to stop all movement on a machine until Mach sees the input... Any suggestions are appreciated!
Mr. Creosote

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: interlock / feed hold for multiple heads
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:12:31 PM »
You could set it up as Input 1 and then on lower left of General Config page there is an option to inhibit motion when Input 1 is active. Just have to make sure that there is no other axis motion when you hit the switch or you may lose position.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »
Just read again, think you want it the opposite way, motion when switch is hit? If so then changing the active state of Input 1 should do that.
Hood

Offline ASC

•  59 59
    • View Profile
    • Automation Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
Thanks Hood!  I didn't even know that option existed!  Works perfect!
Mr. Creosote

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
:)

Hood