Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:30:42 AM

Author Topic: Need help with ref all home  (Read 3629 times)

Need help with ref all home
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:09:01 AM »
Morning all,

I just took up this bad habit about three months ago and I can't tell you how much fun it has been to get to this point.  My machine is mostly completed, needs some paint.  I have completed the setup procedures and I have one problem left to solve.  My machine will not reff all home.  My limit switches are working correctly and the "go to zero" functions fine.  When I hit the ref all button, either the machine does not move at all, or one of the axis will move about .0001 and stop.  I have gone to the diagnostics screen and attempted to home each axis individually and got the same response, the axis either does not move or subsequent pressing the home button, the axis moves a little tiny bit.  I have the XYZ home enabled as per instructions.  I have spent a couple of hours digging around and can't seem to get this fixed.  Hoping someone can help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with ref all home
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:13:26 AM »
Sounds like noise but then if using the same switches for Limits it would be expected that you would have trouble with limits tripping as well.
Can you attach your xml so I can have a look at your config as there may be a clue in it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:26:51 AM »
Hood,

Thanks for responding.  I have attached the xml.

Kevin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:11:52 AM »
Ok you only have home switches enabled so likely it is noise that is your issue. Best bet is to make sure wiring to switches is properly shielded however as a test go to Genel Config and set the Debounce Interval to 2000 and see if that helps. If it does then keep trying lower values until you hit the minimum without error. Really however properly shielding would be the best option as it will cure rather than mask.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »
Thanks Hood, that fixed it.

Kevin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »
Glad you are sorted but remember the ideal is to have the Debounce Interval at zero so might be worth looking at the shielding of the cables.
Hood