Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:23:12 PM

Author Topic: Centipede product review!!!  (Read 3485 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Centipede product review!!!
« on: July 18, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
I put the Centipede board on a “Bridge Port II CNC” machine (a retrofit, that is running “DuGong” Drives and DC servos with 500 count encoders.
It has 3 axis X/Y/Z, and Spindle control (analog over TCP Modbus), coolant mist/flood, auto oiler, Powered Knee.

On Set up:
•   Documentation was good, but I would recommend a “Set Up” video for a standard 3 axis mill, that users can watch as an overview.
•   Board quality, and PCI where all VERY well done!! No recommendation here, super good looking product.
•   Mounting:  I would recommend selling an optional external board mounting kit (with standoffs etc.).

On Configuration:
•   On an XP machine, the setup was typical mach3 for a PP, I was VERY impressed with the seamless and painless integration.
•   Recommendation to the above:  I don’t think there is a reasonable answer for this, but I would LOVE for this product to be able to work
With Windows 7 (or evil vista),  64 again, I would recommend a Video here as well.

On Use:
•   I have run the Mill now, for daily use. I have had ZERO problems with the hardware.

Overall impression:
Good product, well documented, open source code, on all products.
Customer support: Got GREAT technical support, and customer support.
NOTE: the card also now does LATHE threading!!!
COST:  This product is NOT for the Cheapo buyer, it is intended for those who want Pro-level quality and performance with out the PRO price, but still pay a mid-level price point.

-Scott "Poppa Bear" Shafer
Office: 1 (865) 426-9728
Cell: 1 (865) 803-2621
PO Box 235
Briceville, TN 37710
FusionCNC | Rhino3D | SSsystemsLLC | Automation Direct | Artsoft

fun times