Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 01:50:31 PM

Author Topic: Clone Screen button values?  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Clone Screen button values?
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »
I would like my mill to simultaneously home all axis'.
My understanding is to do that I have to first clone the screen. Does a cloned screen have no button values yet assigned? Do I have to rebuild the whole page or all 6-7 pages of buttons just to change the homing routine/sequence?
Write a script and install it in the macros/custom for the ref all home button.
I have no experience in code. I have read quite a few chapters many times over trying to grasp the concept. Still seems quite foreign. If this isnt the proper place to ask this, would you direct me there? Is the process the same regardless of whether it is Mach or MSM?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
Re: Clone Screen button values?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 02:09:24 AM »
Hi, head over to the thread you started on the MSM support forum - I did a customization example and grabbed screen shots as I went. The example tutorial can be seen in your other thread at

http://calypsoventures.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=discussion&thread=163&page=1

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Screen button values?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 09:34:18 AM »
Dave, Thanks so much for that tutorial. It was very thorough and visual for us less knowledgable (me) in these areas. Again thanks. I am sure it wont get rid of me, but it will get me closer to understanding the customization features.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)