Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:00:01 AM

Author Topic: New Joystick  (Read 3386 times)

New Joystick
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
I'm a newbie to CNC but have been having a lot of fun learning the software and Mach3. I just purchased a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick with 11 buttons. I have it installed on my computer and it appears to be working correctly. At this point the only thing I want to use it for is controlling the X, Y, & Z axis.

What I need to do now is get it into Mach 3 (V 3.043.022). I've read numerous threads on Joysticks but that has only confused me. I see references to several different plugin's and don't know which to use or how to set it up..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lame
Re: New Joystick
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »
Have you run keygrabber yet? It is in the mach folder that was installed with the program.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
I've read through the installation manual for Joypad 2.0 and it makes no mention of running keygrabber.

Is it necessary????

Lame
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »
First, under the config heading (top left) drop down menu there is one called conffig plugins. When that comes up check and configure joystick.

keygrabber is a little program that allows use orf the buttons on the joystick. just found that myself no t long ago.

Hope that works for you.

Dwight
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:08:26 AM by rolexmechanic@comcast.net »

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
I've read through the installation manual for Joypad 2.0 and it makes no mention of running keygrabber.

Is it necessary????

Lame

No :) - The JoyPad plugin has no need for keygrapper.
All JoyPad keys are set up in the GUI program JoyPadSetup.exe - just run it and define the key mappings.
The plugin will then use your setup and handles all buttons on the game device.

Running keygrapper along with JoyPad on the same game device may confuse both JoyPad plugin and keymapper and should be avioded.

- Joakim