Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:26:39 PM

Author Topic: x axis problems  (Read 8587 times)

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:08:25 PM »
New user with X Axis problems---after many repeated attempts to run several jobs, the machine/software will make it thru 25 to 50 percent of the job and start drilling a hole to china---once stopped, I try to jog out of the whole, but I find that the keyboard buttons for up and down have been automatically reversed.  My X Axis has only abut 4 inches of movement. the holes to china start as if the - and + have reversed itself and probabably that is why the keyboard short cuts for up and down movement get reversed.
running Mach3 on a 2.8 processor, Win 2000--computer runs fine, CNC wiring is good and no cross-talk, motor is fine.----have strong opinion that Mach3 software is taking its eye off of saved settings -----any  way to really lock the saved settings other that operator password?
Any One with Simular Problem?  and comments on this issue would be appreciated.  Any updates or bug fixes for this problem?
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
These problems are common with the pirate versions of Mach.
Hood

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »

Purchased the software and received licensed for it. This is the site link
http://buildyourcnc.com/CNCsoftware.aspx
and they advertis your product. The are a very reputable site.
The below is one of many emails between myself and the Buildyourcnc company.
see belolw.
How can my version of the Mach3 software be bad when I downloaded it from the Mach3 website.??
Your immediate attention to this matter will be appreciate.
Thank you.

Patrick,
Still have not received the license for the Mach 3 software.  I would like to have it today if all possible.
Thank you.
Robert C. Kelemen
Rural Hall, N.C.
Fm: Patrick Hood-Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, Ma y 31, 2011 7:06 PM
To: robert
Subject: Re: software license

Hi Robert,

We will have the license to you momentarily.  I made the request from the developer of the software.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:01 PM, robert <rkelemenhhr@hotmail.com> wrote:

Receipt No: 2488-9425-7674-4494 for Item #97, Mach 3 software full license purchased this date.

When will I receive the license?
Thanks,
Robert C. Kelemen

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
Not my product ;)
Can you check to see that your xml is not set read only.
If its not then can you attach your xml as there may be something I can find that would cause the issues.
You will have to copy and rename the xml as the forum only accepts a file name once. You can attach via the additional options on the reply page.

Hood

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
what do you mean when you say "not my product"?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
I mean I am a Mach user that helps out on the forum.

One other thing that could cause an axis to change direct is a loose direction wire or electrical noise affecting the direction wire.

Hood

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »
The xml file is not "read only" --why would it cut out 25 to 50 percent of the project before cutting a hole to china------if it were read only it wouldn't do anything.  Wiring is fine and have checked it three times but will check again just to make sure----I really dont thing the wiring is the issue at all ----it is a issue of reversal of the plus and minus directions that also reverses the jog buttons on my computer keyboard---are there any other same issue-problems reported by other users of Mach 3---and how were they resolved--I have noticed many very simular issues on your forum but not many direct answers. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Only times I have seen mention of this is when pirate licences have been used, that is why I mentioned that.

The xml can be read only as Mach writes to the xml when you shut Mach down so if it was read only then the settings would not be written.

If you attach your xml I will have a look and see if I can spot anything that may be an issue.

One question though, when the machine goes off does the toolpath show the correct direction or does it show the wayward motion?
Hood

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »

Not sure what you mean by correct firection and wayward motion?  can you explain a little?

when the machine goes off does the toolpath show the correct direction or does it show the wayward motion?

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
If you are saying that the settings are not written to the xml file until the application is closed--where are the settings saved when an operator makes a change midway during the cutting process?