Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 10:51:19 PM

Author Topic: Set Ports and Pins Active High/Low with VB?  (Read 5201 times)

Set Ports and Pins Active High/Low with VB?
« on: December 27, 2010, 04:54:06 AM »
Hello,

i wonder if it is possible with VB to change the active high/low of an input or output pin with vb?

I do not to want to create a signal, i want to change if a switch is read as high or low.

Thank you

Joachim
Re: Set Ports and Pins Active High/Low with VB?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:12:40 AM »
Hi

Joachim did you come right with a vbscript to change a pin from active hi to active low? I am trying to do the same but can not find any information on how to do this or macro function to do this.

There are many topics with ActivateSignal and DeActivateSignal but it is not changing the setting.

I want to use this macros to change to Active Hi when using a probe and to change back to Active Low when using the same circuit for a zeroi-ing touch plate.

Any help will be appreciated if anybody out there knows a way to do this.

Thanks

Piet
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:03:04 AM »
Hi Piet,

i did not find a way to do this until today.

Sorry

Joachim

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:43:44 AM »
an alternative is to use homing for your touch plate. There are a couple of ways you could do this depending on whether you already home Z up or not.

Ian
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 06:53:32 AM »
Thanks Ian, but the problem is not homing, that is done, I want to use the same circuit for homing and a probe, where homing closes the circuit and probing opens the circuit. So what I want to do is set the probe input to active low for the homing macro and when probing set it active high with a macro. At the moment I do it manually but it would be nice if it was possible to do via macros.

Piet

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »
Hi Piet - I think you may misunderstand me. You can use homing for your touch plate on one input and probing on another input. That way you can set one active low and the other active high then there's no need to switch the active state.

Ian
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 04:53:11 PM »
Aah, thanks Ian. I will try that and see if it works.

Piet