Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:45:03 PM

Author Topic: Softlimits  (Read 56104 times)

Re: Softlimits
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »
Hood

My reduction is 1 to 1,its belt drive,but 1 motor rev = 1 screw rev.Was yours a servo machine when it was built?I did a retrofit on a series2 that had 2 to 1 reduction,it was a factory servo setup.Sounds like your new steppers are running way faster than my old ones as far as motorspeed,if i had those with my 1 to 1 reduction this thing would be screaming.Thanks for the info,was wondering how well the new steppers worked.

Joe.

Hood

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »
Joe
 No it was a BOSS 6.1 which is the UK version of what you guys call the BOSS6, I think BOSS 7 was the first to have servos. I had toyed with the idea of changing to a 2:1 reduction but decided 2500mm/min was fast enough with the limited travel on them.
Hood
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2006, 01:59:12 PM »
Art

Just loaded 2.023 and it appears to be working correctly.I only noticed one minor problem.If you have run a program with a valid tool length within the machine limits and then change the offset to a value that will exceed the machine limits and run the program,it will begin execution untill it hits the z softlimit,and the new dros will still show the previous values.However if you reload the program before you run it you will get the softlimit warning,and the new dros will reflect the proper values.

Thanks for your great work,Joe.
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2006, 03:17:48 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art

I think it is about right now, cheers.
As Joe said changing the tool offsets or work offsets and just running the program causes problem but it all seams fine as long as you Regen before running.

Thanks again

Joe

I'm running mine at around 2000mm/min (80ipm) but I fairly sure it would probably run faster I've just never tried as I'm happy with that, my machine also has different ball screws than yours so probably isn't comparable