Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:05:06 AM

Author Topic: "turn" question  (Read 2620 times)

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
"turn" question
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
Hi
 Newbie here. I need a bit of clarification here. When I D/L Mach 3 (trial ver.) I notice I now have two  "lathe" related icons. One for "Mach 3 turn" and another just labeled "lathe" When I open "turn" it appears to be a different animal than the "lathe". The lathe icon opens to a screen that appears to be identical to Mach 3 mill, while the "turn" appears to be specific to lathe operation. So.....what's the difference and which one should I direct my efforts to? From my perspective, it seems "turn" is the "correct" one to use?
Thanks Gents, as you can see, I haven't much experience to draw on..............

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: "turn" question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:52:28 AM »
Never seen that before, only thing I can think of is when installing and it asks if you want to make a profile you said Ok and called it lathe.
Turn is the one you should use or if for any reason you wish to use the one called lathe then all you need to do is open it, go to view menu and load screens then use the file type drop down to choose .lset and then choose 1024.lset, that will make your" lathe" profile  correct.
Hood

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Re: "turn" question
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »
Hood:
Thanks for the reply. I believe I did just as you said regarding an incorrect while doing the D/L. Just looking at it made me want to utilize "Turn" and you just confirmed it. Thanks