Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:41:08 AM

Author Topic: 8877 and 9991 error on startup.  (Read 5287 times)

8877 and 9991 error on startup.
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:29:53 AM »
I was hoping not to need to post such a question, but I don’t know where to turn without starting from scratch. 

Problem:
I have an 8877 error when starting Mach3 (newest lockdown)  and then a 9991 when clicking yes.  It shuts down when clicking no.

Background:
I’m a noob to CNC and I had things running smoothly for a couple of weeks.  Then I changed the computer’s case and video card to better fit in my shop.  I’ve not found any hardware conflicts or other errors on the computer.  I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Mach3 and uninstalled then deleted the remaining files in the folder then reinstalled.  I’ve read about plugin problems so I have even tried removing them to no avail.   The plugin issues I’ve heard about where related to Smooth Stepper and not the Taig setup. 

I’m completely OK with it being a hardware issue(my fault) and not software but I was hoping someone might have a suggestion that I haven’t tried.
 ???
Thank you,
Shawn

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: 8877 and 9991 error on startup.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »
Sounds like the driver is the issue and your computer is not happy with it. With Mach shut down go to the Mach folder and double click the DriverTest.exe and see if that runs or causes problems. If it causes problems try running the specialdriver.bat and then try the drivertest again.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:59:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I remember (now) seeing another issue somewhere that had that as a part of the troubleshooting. 

I ened up going another route.  I used a smaller hard drive and started a fresh install of XP.  This is now my dedicated machine so this was a good route anyway(I could reclaim the larger hard drive).  During the process I found out that I had a bad CD drive and it was making me have some very bad errors with my bios.  I don't know if it was draging down data lines or just not cooperating.  After getting a good DVD drive installed I went back to the old drive to see if that was the issue.  No, it wasn't.  So I continued with the install on the new hard drive.  Everything is running well now so if it was a hardware issue it would have been that CD drive. 

I'm happy that it's working well and it seams that I have an ideal setup.  Unfortunately, I'll never put the old drive back in it so I'll never know if the drivers where the real issue.

Thanks again,
Shawn ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
Good to hear you got it and yes a dedicated computer is the way to go, I wouldnt have it any other way myself.
Most likely its the hard drive, you could do a disk check on it and see if there are any errors.

Hood