Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:40:39 AM

Author Topic: spindle speed m1s  (Read 2986 times)

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
spindle speed m1s
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
hello i have a spindle speed problem. i set up a bridgeport with a automation direct vfd and changed out the cones for timing pulley and cogged belt this worked fine then mach said compile error in spindle speed.m1s so i replaced the file and it worked. next i read about a mach problem with spindle speed so i set pulley 1 to 510 - 4200 rpm and pulley 2 to 60 - 500 rpm ratio 3 i didnt check reverse in pulley 2 this worked so i thought i had the problem  worked arround checked numerous times ran ok. now mach has shreaded the file again. so did some more reading found the file setup in spindle speed was supposed to be set up wrong so redid file to put both command on seperate lines worked worse then before. so can sombody tell me exactly what is wrong with spindle speed and reverse, the best repair option thank you mark

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: spindle speed m1s
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »
First is pulley 2 for low range?? IF so you must check reverse on a Bridgport.

The ratio is just to correct the RPM reading IF you have an index signal on the spindle

SO far Mach has never shreaded any  code here (;-)

Can you post the code in question ?

(;-) TP

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: spindle speed m1s
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:22:55 AM »
hi sorry i didnt get back sooner the code in question looks like the orriginal code i cant see any differences when i say shreaded i mean mach says compile error in spindle speed.m1s so i just replaced the file with one copied from another install of mach so if it happens again i can post the code but i have overwriten the orriginal. next i read that the reverse check was a problem in mach. however since reading your reply i am going to try checking it and see what happens maybe i misunderstood the post i read. pulley two is low range 60 - 500 rpm i could have gone to zero but feared this would be to low for the vfd pulley one is high range 510 - 4200 rpm thanks in advance mark cook