Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:02:04 PM

Author Topic: Lathe Threading  (Read 7543 times)

Re: Lathe Threading
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
i love the way the scots have a way with words! lol
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:59 AM »
Keep the beaver wither the controller it has on will work great for all the turning functions including threading and css. Presume it's on Fanuc6T a great control one  of the best Fanuc ever made or is it Siemens?
John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
Keep the beaver wither the controller it has on will work great for all the turning functions including threading and css. Presume it's on Fanuc6T a great control one  of the best Fanuc ever made or is it Siemens?
John

Its a Siemens I believe but afraid there is not much left of the control side  anyway or rather if I was buying what is left would not be in the deal. I have decided not to go for the lathe anyway  I dont have much room in the workshop so ended up buying a toy one (Conect 121) to sit along side the Computurn.

Hood

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
That's a shame hood I have spare motors and drives for these. They are very well built as well. The Fanuc versions still had the Siemens back ends on. It's possible to buy a Fanuc 6t front end off eBay and get a set of parameters and a set of eproms if they are missing . If it's the machine I'm thinking of it was in great condition.  John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
Unlikely its the machine you know of , its a friend of mine that has it. He has quite a few machines with the same control/motors so I think it has been robbed through time to keep others running. All of the amps are out of it f I recall and most motors are also off of it. I just fancied it to mess about with, dont really need it for the line of work I am in but I do enjoy doing retrofits.
Wouldnt mind getting the turret from it for my Computurn but thats unlikely. I did recently buy a 12 pos VDI turret on eBay but the guy refused to sell it to me as he wanted £2000 even though he listed it for £99 starting bid.
Hood

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 04:57:38 AM »
If it belongs to Mark I saw it on Ebay way back before he bought it  ;D Think it's a TC10 if I remember like this one

http://www.sorted-uk.com/beaverlathe.html

Check the slides on the X axis..they don't make them like that anymore.

John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
Mark said it was a TC15 but I wouldnt know one way or another. No Tailstock was a bit of a downside for me  but it was lack of room that was the killer, I hardly have room for the Conect 121 I got instead ;D

Hood