Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:11:46 PM

Author Topic: Strang behavior. Slow travel to/from G54 location  (Read 3817 times)

Strang behavior. Slow travel to/from G54 location
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:32:46 AM »
OK, I have something weird going on and I cant figure it out. I have three programs for some parts I am making. All of them use fixture locations (multiple vises on a fixture plate) using G54 to G57. First one, winder base runs fine. Second and third programs winder plate, and winder side act funny. When traveling to and from the G54 offset it goes real slow. Like 13ipm, when it should be rapid. The thing is I cant find anything in the code that should be doing this. Once it gets to G55 it moves fine and rapids as it should to the next location in G56 and G57. When the program finishes and it is at G57 and I hit start it does it again. Very slow move to the location in G54.

Another weird thing happening in these two programs is when it is traveling in between fixture offset location the spindle speed dips. In closed loop spindle it will recover to its speced speed but in open loop it just drops a few hundred RPM.

I am including all the files and my XML. Help!

I am running the lockdown version of Mach. Spindle feedback seems to be broken in the latest dev version for me. Also using machstdmill.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Strang behavior. Slow travel to/from G54 location
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:14:07 AM »
You will likely need to attach your fixtures.dat as well, its located in the macro folder of the profile you are using.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 04:16:53 AM »
Another thing, can you test with the standard screenset to see if still happens as I dont have/use Daves screenset so wont be able to test with it.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:32:28 AM »
Heres the file. I need to figure out how to switch back from Machstdmill. It does not like it when I try it the old fashioned way.

Here's the fixtures file. I changed the extension to .doc so I could upload it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:54 AM »
OK, could it be because you have the A axis in the G0 fixture moves? A Axis will be restricting the rapids as it likely has the furthest to go and will likely be the slowest.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
Didn't think about that A axis. And you were right too. Thanks Hood!

Still the issue with the spindle slow down. But i am ok since closed loop is working.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
Found the spindle issue too. Mach does funny things when the spindle speed is called again while the spindle is running.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
When you have a pid loop running and the Speed is called again it resets the controller to what mach thinks the speed should be then the pid takes over and may raise or lower the true speed.

Just a thought(;-) TP