Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:04:05 PM

Author Topic: Spindle probe and edge finding  (Read 3040 times)

Spindle probe and edge finding
« on: May 29, 2011, 04:58:34 PM »
Hi once again Gentlemen, and thank you for you valuable help in the past. I have just set up a spindle probe and have played around with the digitizing wizzard. the thing seems to work fine. I would like to get set up so that I can use it for X,Y,Z, edge finding. I was assuming that this function was built into Mach but have had no luck finding it.
Of course I am after the cleanest and easyest way possible, If you could please steer me in the rite direction it would be much appreciated. :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle probe and edge finding
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 02:04:35 AM »
I have not used it but it May be worth taking a look at this http://www.razordance.co.uk/probe25D.htm

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »
That would depend on what you considered cleanest and easiest(;-)  Everyone seems to have a different idea on those points.

Do you want on screen buttons to activate the individual processes.  Would simple macros called from the MDI work?  Do you require SUBs to be called from the Gcode program??

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply's  screen buttons in the work offset screen would seem logical  but i would be happy with something i could call up in MDI screen, that would be good enough for me. I am not a VB guy but have muddled through some simple stuff in the past so i was hoping for a ready to go download.