Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:12:35 AM

Author Topic: Wizard not cutting rectangle and no post after preview  (Read 4684 times)

Wizard not cutting rectangle and no post after preview
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »
A few months back I loaded the newest version of Wizards to remove a bug in the grove start, it would be herky-jerky before starting. Anyway the newer version solved that but today I went to use the pocket program and it wrote a very long program of just going round in a circle even though it showed a rectangle pocket.

The other problem is I can no longer preview the program and go back to post it. When I preview the only thing I can do is close Mach3 and start over. The old Wizards worked fine except that one start issue.

Is this just my machine or is there something to fix this?
Re: Wizard not cutting rectangle and no post after preview
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
I dont know of any problems like that. The return from preview is the same code in all functions, and I know that works well.

I just put up a new version last week, load it and see what happens.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
I just removed the ramp-in and returned it to zero and now the pocket works fine. But I still can't preview and go back and post, OH, yeah I forgot I have version V2.85. Could it be my computer processor?

Fred
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
Ron
I hate to ask this, I do it every time. Where do I find the latest version of the wizards?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
The top topic in this forum is now sticky and contains the latest version.

Which pocket are you using? Is it possible you have some condition set that is making the code run a long time- like asking for 10" deep in .001" increments?

The only reason you could not return from the preview is if  Mach is still processing the code, as it does before a preview. Maybe you have found an infinite loop, cut rectangle had one, that was the fix in V2.85

Can you post a screen shot of teh wizard with all the DRos filled in?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »
Ron I  was using the rectangle pocket only going 5/8" deep in .030 deep passes in P-20 mold steel. Like I said; when I changed the ramp to zero the pocket program worked fine. For some reason the ramp feature had it just going round and round in a circle. I like the wizards very much even though I do most of my mold work using a CAM program to write the code but hese wizards are really handy for cutting simple pockets in the mold plates.

I will check out the newest version, thank you.

Fred