Mach Discussion > Screen designer tips and tutorials

The .set file format

(1/2) > >>

Andrey67:
Where can I find a full specification of the .set file format?

ger21:
Appendix 2
http://www.machsupport.com/docs/Mach2_6.11_Custom.pdf

Andrey67:
Thank you very much!

flyinglotus1983:
Sorry for digging up an old topic, but I've tried to parse the format out per the Mach2 PDF posted above (from the archive.org historical cache, as the file 404'd on machsupport.com).  My parser, I believe, is following the original Mach2 spec, but it's still throwing some pretty wild errors when it encounters strings longer than 255 bytes, which shouldn't be possible according to the old spec.  It seems quite common, however, for newer screens to use > 256 chars for visual basic macros.

My question is, is there a later version of this document that explains how strings > 256 chars are handled?  is there an escape sequence?

stirling:
You may well have sorted this by now but if not...

AFAIK there is no later doc than the one you have. However many moons ago I reverse engineered the set file format in order to write my own screen designer.

So here you go. If the macro (or gcode) is less than 255 chars then the length byte indicates the length (as you know)

However if the length of the macro is 255 or greater then the length byte should be set to 255 and the following two bytes set to indicate the length. (hi, lo) IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version