Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:50:42 PM

Author Topic: Bridgeport series 1 drive problems.  (Read 1825 times)

Offline DonH

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Bridgeport series 1 drive problems.
« on: May 21, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »
I am hoping to use the original drives on a series one Bridgeport, at least initially, allbeit at reduced rapid & accel if required.

They require quadrature input so I selected Max Cl mode & set acceleration & max speed for smooth operation & positioning without position loss. All seemed ok so I set up a series of rapid moves on x & y to see how they performed.

After a while, either x or y would badly misposition, move in jerks or stop moving part way through a move whilst the other axis, if selected, completed the move resulting in collision with the limit switches or stopping short when returning home.

I removed the x axis motor & jogged it & after a number of moves, it will stop moving or, at certain lower feedrates, not move at all (this may be due to the low inertia loading of the motor).Tried reducing the motor speed & acceleration but no change The quadrature output from the breakout board is a very good 5 volt square wave with good phase relationship & does not change when the motor stops.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

If a drive change is required, what do you recommend. Do I need to change the motors as well?

Thanks,          Don