Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:15:22 PM

Author Topic: Do you have a ceratain proceedure for booting up you machine?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
I know that you have to home it out at the start,etc.

At the first what is the procedure for  powering on? Right now on mine you have to open up the cabinet and turn the computer on.

I want to be able to turn the main power latch, then push a couple buttons on the panel and it's on.

Do you turn on the CPU, then the breakout board, then the servo power supply?

Or, do you have it on a relay where the CPU, B_O_B & servos all come on at the same time? Then, when the charge pump kicks in, it is ready to home out? 

These are just simple things that I haven't found in a search, but no one has really covered. < ( that I know of) :)

They may not be important. When learning a new machine I always go through the same procedure.

Thanks again,

JAckal
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a ceratain proceedure for booting up you machine?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 03:22:37 AM »
I have a switch to the front panel which is connected to my mobos On connection. I boot the computer and the BOB etc all get powered up at that time as they are powered from the computer. My E-Stop has one pole to the contactors on my machines that control power to all servo drives and motors so once Mach is up and running I untwist the E-Stop and then can reset Mach.
Hood

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a ceratain proceedure for booting up you machine?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
Thanks Hood,

I want to keep it simple.

JAckal :)
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.