Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:14:57 PM

Author Topic: DXF Drawings  (Read 5391 times)

DXF Drawings
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »
Hi there,

I do have "converted" my Syil X4Super into a CNC lathe by adding 80mm chuck with an SK40 cone and putting the toolholder on the table.
Mach3Turn runs (I have not yet understood everything but the first parts are ready). The path-generation is done with LazyTurn wich works mostly fine.

My question: Which programm do you use for the generation of the DXF files? I do all my construstion work with the 3D CAD "Alibre" and I found it impossible to generate these special kind of DXF drawings for LazyTurn.

Do you have any suggestions for an inexpensive programm were I can draw the profiles I need?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Yours

Gerd

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: DXF Drawings
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:14:52 AM »
Gerd,
I never used Alibre but a brief look at Alibre site shows it has the capability to convert  or save the file as a DXF.
Check your manual on how to do it. Are you using a free version by any chance?
RICH
Re: DXF Drawings
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:31:28 AM »
Hi Rich,

thanks a lot for the reply! I´m using the prefessional version of Alibre. Exporting DXF files is no problem, but I can´t put simple lines on a drawing with a certain dimensions to the X/Y origin.
I can generate an DXF but it´s not possible to do an exact diameter as only can guess were to place the drawing an the sheet.

Yours

Gerd