Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:18:53 PM

Author Topic: Chucks Deer V carve engraving  (Read 60863 times)

Chucks Deer V carve engraving
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
Hi: all 
I am posting these file for two reasons. First is a thank you to all the folks that have helped me in figuring out my hobby “CNC Machines”. The second reason is I would like to see how useful these groups of files are.  I have included two jpg files. Both images were created with Vcarve pro one is an image of the chucks deer engraving, the second an image of the tool information. 
There are three (.txt). G code files these files work with mach3 and are meant to be used with a ½” 90 degree router bit. These G code file are what this posting is about. They are three different sizes of the chucks deer engraving. The tool and feed speed are described in the jpg file Tool info.  The engraving should look like the jpg image chucks deer when complete. The tool origin is center of image size with the tool just touching the material. I have also included a DXF file of chucks deer and a Vcarve file.
What I am trying to accomplish is to see if a CNC hobbyist can make use of this group of files. I would like to give other guys like me the opportunity to create v carve engravings without dropping $700 for VCarve pro.
The DXF image Chucks Deer was a created by me. I copied the image from a little drawing I found wile going thru some of my dad’s stuff after he passed away. His Name was Chuck if you haven’t guessed.
Anyone is welcome to use these files for whatever they would like.  I do not guarantee these files in any fashion what so ever. You use these files at your own risk. I would highly suggest if you try out the G code file on your mach3 machine. You should perform a dry run with the spindle elevated off of your cutting surface and your spindle not running.
Have fun let me know if these files were useful.
Chris the Carpenter
Re: Chucks Deer V carve engraving
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 12:03:57 AM »
more files for u
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
Hi
I see several people have downloaded some of my files. I hope you have made good use of them. Please give me some input, did the g code files work with your machine, was the dxf file of any use, that kind of thing.
If I find the files useful to cnc hobbyist I will post more of my artwork in the form of g code and dxf files. Please let me know.
Chris

Offline mikee

•  100 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
helllo maybe some one can help with i am making a 2x8 diy cnc router   the stepper motor (controlers ) i want to install in the back gantryall of the motors are mounted in or on the gantry. i ordered in some MOV to stop surge or noise interuption i wished i could tell u i know what im doing but i dont  b the question is is putting the Motor controllers in the back of the gantry ok or very bad idea   mike
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:25:38 PM »
i have seen some high end motion control systems with the controller actually mounted on the stepper motor.  Hope that helped.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »
Thanks for the deer carvings.  I'll give one a whirl tonight.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »
Thanks, Just came across this and I'll cut it tomorrow.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »
Chris,

I'm very new to this and only completed my machine about 3 weeks ago.  I downloaded the gcode and spent a couple of hours playing with it to make it work on my machine.  Well, after discovering work offsets, the code ran great and the carving came out great.  I will be trying the larger ones soon.  Can't thank you enough as this was a great learning experience.  Hope you get the time to put some more out for us to try.

Kevin

Offline IBBruin

•  13 13
  • Poppa D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »
I used this as drink coasters, thanks for the file!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:14:06 AM »
Excellent work IBB  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE