Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:18:39 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 loses Y axis location during code  (Read 9054 times)

Re: Mach3 loses Y axis location during code
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »
I recompiled the gcode with a larger offset, less paths and shorter code.

I let that run last night and it finished with no problems.

That being said, I thought that Mach3 could handle 10mil lines of code?  The gcode I posted shows it is about 750k...if MS Word was correct but you know good ol' Microsoft is never wrong.  :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 05:03:18 AM »
Chad,

It is not so much the number of lines of code as much as it is the content of the code and how the PC handles the data.

Your compiled GCode has such redundancy that I would you suggest that you check with Vectric that you are in fact running the full licensed version of their software and not the demo.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 05:13:58 AM »
Tweakie, you are not kidding there, just looked at the code and picked a position from random, 40 lines of code in a row only moving the Y axis where one line would only be needed. The rest of the code looks the same, just dont see the point and if I had CAM that spat that out I would be most unhappy. I have only used Vectrics Photo V Carve and it puts out good code so I think there is something wrong with the PP being used by the OP or something worse.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 05:48:09 AM »
Hmm...I used a friends Vectric at his place...I noticed that as well but thought it was just how it is produced.  I am saving to buy a license for myself.

What did you use to check the code when it gave you the -1 problems?  I am interested in being able to troubleshoot my code in the future as well.

thanks,
Chad

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 05:27:39 PM »
NOW yall are talked LOST MACH SYNDROME (;-)  Mach used to have a problem with large files of micro segmented code. It would go crazy and do goofy things(corrupt the xml) and then just lock up tight alll in about the same location every time.

I have a test file (railroadTrackMan) it is a HUGE 3d releif that we used to test mach. It will lock up mach tight as a tick in about a couple hours of work.

Thought Brian had that fixed but looks like it creeped back in.

(;-) TP