Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:28:18 PM

Author Topic: "X" axis NOT homing  (Read 2810 times)

MR MOTION

"X" axis NOT homing
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
THIS IS A NEW POST RE: the "X" axix

Received info (RE: "X" axis) that "noise" could be the problem. Have isolated the cable to the "X" axis, but the problem is not going away!

The problem still is:: "X" axis goes to "home", but will not come off the "home" position.  It simply stops as soon as the home switch is activated.

More help needed, Please.
Thank you.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: "X" axis NOT homing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
It still sounds like your picking up noise to me.  Sometimes this can be a bear to eliminate.  There are many steps you can take to help eliminate noise and many, many things that can induce it.  Just for a test try this please.  On your config, general config page if you don't allready have a value in for debounce put 1000 in it and try to home your machine and see if it homes as it should.  I would not leave it at that but it will help us zero in on the problem.   Let us know how it goes.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:07:57 AM »
Your switch is likely not positive snap action or maybe has lost some of the snap, increasing the debounce may help but that is just really masking an issue that will only get worse. An easy test would be to take the wires off the switch and touch them together, home the axis then open the wires (you dont have to move to the extents for this) The axis should not reverse and only stop when you again touch the wires together. If it works fine then the switch is the problem.
BTW this is if you are using NC switches, if NO switches then the touching of wires would be opposite but really using a system with NO limits and E-Stop switch is a bad idea.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:09:54 AM »
Just one other thought, you say the X is not moving off the home position, is it giving you a limit warning and the LED for the limit is showing?
If not then possibly all is fine just you dont see the motor reverse.
Hood