Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:50:24 AM

Author Topic: Mach only see's inputs when pockey software is running.  (Read 9944 times)

Mach only see's inputs when pockey software is running.
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »
Hi,

I'm using pockey to connect a control panel on a retrofitted mill to mach3.
I use pots for feedrate override, spindle speed,push buttons for manual spindle cw ccw, and so on.
Everything works fine BUT very slowly. It takes 2 or 3 seconds to read a digital input also for analog. Another problem is mach will read the inputs only if the pokey software is running.
I run a pc that is only dedicaded to mach3, with smoothstepper , shuttlepro and pokeys as plugins.
Neddless to say i use latest versions of plugins and softwares.
Would be very nice if somebody could help.
Thank you

Mat.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Mach only see's inputs when pockey software is running.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
What Mach version? If dev rev 035, try lockdown 022. On your pots for feedrate override, does it go to zero when it gets to 100%? Mine does with 035, fine with any older version.
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
Hi thosj,
I tried several versions of mach and had always the same issues. The more reliable at the moment is 035, it gives me good results with the analog inputs. With 022 i had problems with FRO, it was erratic in following the analog signal.Concerning your problem i'm quite sure you are using a brain to round the FRO to 100% when it gets between 98% and 102%. This brain can be found in this forum and is called FRO100.brn. It works with Mach 022 but no 035. Seems the way mach reads brains have been modified in some way.So i wrote a new brain that  works with mach 035. In this new version the fro reset is done AFTER the analog switch has gone to 0. Go in mach3/brains and replace FRO100.brn or equivalent with newFRO100.brn. Then launch mach 035 go in "operator">"brain control" then click "reload all brains" , select newFRO100 and tic enable. Brain is attached to the mail. Hope it helps you.

Mat

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
Thanks Mat,

The brain fixed the 100% thing. I had to rewrite it as my pot is on ModIO 126, and I prefer 150% max instead of 200%, but no problem, it works now and doesn't go to zero. Now the problem is the pot doesn't seem to control rapid, just feed. Even with Lock Rapid DRO to Feed DRO checked in General Config. I wonder if there's a way to have the brain control rapid at the same time as feed? Even though it's supposed to lock to feed if the box is checked, but doesn't!!
--
Tom
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:10:23 AM »
Hi thosj,
Try the attached brain it should work for you.

Mat

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:45:40 AM »
Thanks again, Mat.

I'll have to edit it for the first Mod 126 in to be around 680 greater than or less than, but I need to know what the last line is in the brain. What's the 223 terminator, a string? What does it do? I'll need to re-do it so I need to know what it is.

I also see you put the Reset FRO back before the Feed Ovrd. Wasn't that the original intent of this new brain to work with Mach 035, to have the Reset at the end?

Wish I knew more about these brains!!

Tom
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:54:00 AM by thosj »
--
Tom
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:35:56 AM »
Sorry Tom i made changes in the wrong file. And did no try it on my machine cause i use two separate pots.
The terminator 223 stands for OEM DRO code 223- rapid override. You can find these codes under this link:

http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=OEM_DROs

By the way i rewrote the brain. Tell me if works.

Mat

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »
Wow, thanks for doing that, Mat! I'm not home to try it right now, but will in a few hours.

Just out of curiosity, and to learn(!), what did you pick to terminate the Mod:126-IN/Formula a/6.827 block? Did  you pick Send String and just type 223? It doesn't seem picking DRO works as yours just has 223 in the termination box, not DRO 223 or USERDRO 223 or anything.

Thanks again,

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »
Hi tom
When you choose a terminator, click on DRO's then type 223 in the box called "select mach3 DRO value to use". code 223 is NOT in the present choice list. There are several other OEM DRO codes you can find in the wiki but not in the choice list of the brain editor.
Mat
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
Seems my problem comes from a conflict between smoothstepper and pokeys.When i run mach3 without the smoothstepper plugin activated pokey works perfect. When smoothstepper pligun is activ pokeys only works with the pokeys software running in the background. And then it does in slow motion. Someone to give me a tip?
Thank you
Mat