Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 06:59:31 PM

Author Topic: MACH STREAM LINED FUNCTION 1  (Read 2787 times)

businesdesigner

MACH STREAM LINED FUNCTION 1
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »
I am a new user to MACH 3. Initial perception of MACH 3 was of a expert bright pure good working machinist friendly CAM controller software. Additional experience indicates a much higher order controller. Highly functional accurate controller program has every features no limitations CNC machining. Versatile in software correction for mechanical machine deficits which are accurate. Program look as though in conjunction with very expert machinist and CNC experts. Compensatory rapids movement is high quality and good finish. Expert machinist understanding in this program is high instead of just high quality programmer based. Once use to the function scheme and layout is easy to correlate. Granted must have background or higher intelligence in the academic side. I feel upon usuage a high resolution greater toolpath screen is of great benefit like for check micro even sub thousandths finish cut layers are in place upon zoom and better view of correct angle rapids travel. Dro number role by too fast. Maybe an ETA bargraph next door to dro numbers. Bigger stop type buttons even space it vertical bright and inch or so on the left 1/2 or fully. Important buttons. All static in the gcode  readouts like feedrate less import an. Better job control menu placement as well as so important with controller hardware based a bigger easy to use step and contiguous job button and jog step numbers button. Easier offset system like custom prob script rapids after record coordinate auto to correct position on offsets of metal. Stop and go function while milling is no problem for me. Rerun reverse to initial start coordinates, no movepart nor dro change and using new wizards to modify cut on the fly works accurate for me. My machine repositioning very good though. Motor travel calibration by settings work very good and later a tick better than manually plug in step numbers on motor tuning window. Good smart balance of velocity to acceleration. Full acceleration not fully require for good motor performance and still maintain hi torque plus speed optimally. Listen to the motor-speed to toque combo balance considerate instead of full accel. Try to match X and Y number exact is better=vel-accel esp. Just in case good circles depend on same dro feedrate travel times. Hi toque Z crucial. Should not have any pop sound or loose per up to approx. .003 on Z travel. Most important change I feel is the jogger menu small step button size that slows me up the most and no full time jog menu and it's too unnecessary size since most are permanent button config. Require must big step and continuous buttons and step travel change buttons and one big button per and or Memory buttons.