Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:58:19 AM

Author Topic: Shopbot with Mach3 Proxmity switch hookup  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Shopbot with Mach3 Proxmity switch hookup
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 07:12:52 AM »
I have heard a few people mention Automation Direct for prox switches, not sure if they are reasonable or not as I have only ever bought PLC's from them.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 08:15:47 AM »
Their "mini" switches are around $14 which is quite reasonable, but they are large in size at about 1" x 2".  I have some of these here but can't use them because of the size. 

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Sensors_-z-_Encoders/Double-Insulated_%28PBT%29_Limit_Switches/Stainless_Steel_Rod_Actuator/AAP2T71Z11

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
Hi,

Just a little update on the proximity switch and emergency stop saga.

I spoke to Arturo at cnc4pc this morning and it turned out he was really helpful.  I thought I would share this information in case it would help someone else here on the forum.

The C10 - Bidirectional breakout board Rev. 10 has a jumper that will allow you to either pull up or pull down all the inputs on the board.  When I moved that jumper it allowed all the N/O inputs from my proximity switches to work correctly but then when I hooked up the E/Stop input to input 15 and also the 5 volt input for that input the E/Stop would not work.  Arthuro told me to remove the wire from the 5 volt input and attach it to one of the available ground terminals.  That fixed it.  Now I can operate all the N/O proxiimity switches and have my E/Stop work correctly too.

Thanks again to you guys for offering suggestions and thanks to Arthuro for supplying a solution for a product that he sells and supports.

Life is good.  Now on to getting the soft limits and homing working. :)
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.