Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 04:10:34 AM

Author Topic: What is LC xml ?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
What is LC xml ?
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:19 AM »
I save my final LC projects into a directory as Project1.Lcam, Project2.Lcam, etc.and noticed that LC also creates a single LazyCam.xml file.

Is this xml file specific to each project? I mean if I delete the xml would I be able to open my file and see all the work I did on a project?

Is it important to keep this .xml file or I can delete it?

If I must keep the xml, can I rename it LazyCam1.xml, LazyCam2.xml etc to mach my Project names?

Nicolas

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: What is LC xml ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
I am not aware of anything ever mentioned relative to LC's xml file and I have never fooled with it.
So, looking at the xml it provides a lot of info relative to posting and operations and i will only guess that it used to
go directly into Mach when you post a file.

I never fool with it. The Lcam file saves specifics to the current file your working on and LC will open that Lcam file.

Why do you want to delete or fool with something you know nothing about ( includes me...... ;)). ???

Said a different way, your on your own and feel free to explore. Please post your findings.

RICH

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: What is LC xml ?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
RICH I don’t want to delete or fool with the LC xml.

As I said I save my finished LC project in a new directory so I know that all files in this directory are my completed LC projects. I thought LC makes an xml for each completed project and the new projects I save on this directory will overide the existing xml and then I will not be able to see my finished project.

But it looks like that’s not the case because I copied the xml to another directory (outside of Mac3 directory) and I was still able to open my projects and see all my work. So it looks like that LC makes one xml and probably keeps add info on the same xml.

In other words LC does not make an xml for each saved project. She just have one xml and keeps writting new info on the same xml and that’s what I wanted to learn. It’s similar to Mach3 xml.

Thank for your time
Nicolas