Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:54:07 AM

Author Topic: Lost keyboard control in Mach 2 - help  (Read 4198 times)

Lost keyboard control in Mach 2 - help
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:12 AM »
I'm not sure what to do here.  I lost the arrow control using the keyboard.  I tried the backup keyboard.  The windows shutdown button works, so I figure its connected.  The mouse works to load a program.  I can even run a program, so the controller is working.  i just need the KB controls to set the height.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Lost keyboard control in Mach 2 - help
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:57:57 AM »
Sounds like you have switched off Jog Control. If its on you will see Green surrounding it, if you dont click it and you should again have jogging.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:48 AM »
See pic
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
This helps.  I poked around in there.  I actually have movement, but its so slow I can't even see the tool move.  I'm guessing there is a parameter in these somewhere, but I can't find it yet.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:25:39 AM »
Was it OK before?
If you command a move from code or MDI line does it move at the correct speed?

If yes to above then look on the flyout screen (tab key) and see if you have  a low slow jog % set.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »
Got it.  Many, many thanks.  The % was set to 1%.  I don't recall doing anything to start this.  I was just changing tools last night and then a no go.  I found other cool stuff while poking around - like loading my offsets from a fixture, so its all good.  The buzzwords are dialing in.

BTW, I know I should switch to Mach3, but I'm afraid to since this machine works as it is.  This is how I bough it.  Is there much to fear in the switch?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 09:00:06 AM »
Ha ha never even noticed you had said Mach2.
Suppose it really depends on you, if it does all you need and works fine then you may be happy to stick with Mach2.
Personally I would go to Mach3 but the good thing is both Mach2 and Mach3 will happily live on the same computer, obviously you can only have one open at a time, but it allows you to try Mach3 and if you dont like then you can easily just shut down and start Mach2 up again :)
You will have to configure Mach3 manually as the xml for Mach2 is no use for Mach3 and vice versa.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 09:06:27 AM »
I was wondering whether they would co-exist.  I think I'll start the move.  The only thing I'm missing is when LazyCam creates arcs.  Those choke Mach2.  I have Mach 3 on my notebook for testing, so i know the look and feel.  Thanks.