Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:16:38 PM

Author Topic: Can't add LED's  (Read 5061 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Can't add LED's
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:10:54 AM »
I'm getting an Exclamation point, but only when I try to add a LED. If I try to load a screen, the Exclamation point comes up for each LED in the file. I uninstalled Mach, and reinstalled with the latest 2.0.013? and downloaded the newest screen 4. I can create screens with no problems, unless I try to addd LED's. Is this a registry setting I need to remove or something? The error also comes up when closing Screen4 but only if I tried to add an LED.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:41:43 AM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't add LED's
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »
Hi Gerry:

First, Im told by my top elves, that you are very helpfull to other Mach3 users in CNCZone. Due to time constraints , I dont
get there very often, but thank you for your consideration for others. Consider yourself presented with a platinum card.
(Basically, that means you have top status for bugs or suggestions or functions you may need coded in to help with your projects.).

Now, as to your problem. I havent seen that before, or heard of it. Does this happen because you have a special graphic
for an LED. Or does this happen with all LED's? You might try deleting the Screen4.xml file, but dont forget to reset the default location of
Mach3 if you do. If this happens on Any LED, perhapos you can just send me the current screen4.xml you have, and Ill do a trace
to find what can cause that, it sounds like its trying to load a non-existant bittmap or something..

Now that Ive seen and replied to this, Ill be notified by the system of any responces, so post anything here,
or send to me directly. I do answer all errors or bugs sent to me, but even when I get backlogged, you "platinum card holders" get a
priority.  We do take notice of those that help others..sometimes we just take awhile to notice.. (thanks , elf..)..

There are actually a few on the platinum list who dont know it, but people like yourself, Hood, and a few others get top
priority on all troubles or requests.. (I just sometimes need helpp finding messages like this one. SO if your in a hurry, or want to
make sure I hear about it, message me directly.. I monitor the yahoo group daily, and this forum when pointed here by Brian or Benny
when someone needs help I can give. (The rest of the time Im buried under an enourmous load of code fragments.. :-)

Thanks
Art

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »
I'll hold on to that card a little longer. It's working now :)

Here's what happened. I've been watching Benny's videos, in anticipation of building a Router Screen set. After reading a few posts here, I realised that I needed a newer version of Screen4 for Benny's LED tricks. Downloaded and installed, and no LED's. The standard LED's on standard screens wouldnt load, and I couldn't add any LED's to any screens. As soon as I clicked on the screen to add the LED, I got the warning!!. Everything else worked fine however, it was only LED's. I could create a screen with every other item on it, save it and reopen it with no errors. But could not add an LED.

So, I tried troubleshooting. Deleted the .xml. Nothing. Deleted Screen 4 and .txt files. Even switched Screen 4 versions. Nothing. Installed latest Mach3. Nothing.

I didn't recall that I needed to set the Mach3 location, though. So when I got back from Thanksgiving Dinner, and read your post, I checked the Mach3 location under Default in  the menu, but it was correct (D:\Mach3). After clicking OK, however, it started working. I'm guessing that was it, even though it already showed the correct location. Strange that everything else worked, though.

Edit: I do read almost all (99%) of the posts on the Yahoo group too, btw. :)

Thanks again,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:06:53 PM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »
Glad to hear. Some small bug probably. Well, you have your card. :), yell if you need anything.

Art